Path 2 Road
In many cases, women who joined LBOYB began by brushing the cobwebs off their bike. Now that they’ve taken a few classes and joined in the Social and path rides around Melbourne – they are wanting more!
So, we have introduced the Path to Road program (P2R), which develops their skills and confidence to broaden their cycling to include road riding.
The ‘Path 2 Road’ Program:
- The next P2R session will begin on Saturday July 17th 2020 with 5 further sessions on the following 5 Sunday’s. See the calendar for dates
- P2R is of 6 sessions duration.
- There is access to weekends away, eg Beechworth and Bass Coast.
- Contact Admin@ladiesbackonyourbike.com.au The skill component of each session is held in a safe enclosed car park in Elwood or Brighton. The rides will mainly be on Beach Road after initial sessions in the car park and less busy roads. In Bayside and Kingston Municipalities, Beach Road, is free of parked cars, from 6am-10am on both Saturday’s and Sunday’s.
- Other venues will include the Boulevard in Kew and Green Point, Brighton.
- Be part of a mid year cycling weekend away in June to either Bass or Surf Coast (tbc)
- Take part in the LBOYB annual challenge ride in October each year.
- Enjoy a 2 night country weekend away in November
- Attend cycling – health related sessions eg nutrition.
Cost for the P2R program is $85 for members and $200 for non-members
Path 2 Road may not be your idea of cycling; no problems. There will still be plenty of Social and Melbourne Paths rides on offer as well.